National Citizen Service
National Citizen Service gives you the chance to take on new challenges, learn new skills and make a difference.
3 ways you can make a difference to your community – right now, on Junction49
Aged between 13-25 and want to make a difference in your community? Whether you’re looking for a big project with a twist, or just fancy something light touch - look no further, there are lots of exciting new opportunities on Junction49.
Junction49 helps you to set up your own projects, campaigns or events about issues that matter to you. Here are just a few of the ways you can make a difference, right now….
Find a cause and support it
• Have you or someone you know been affected by cancer? Or maybe you’re passionate about fundraising? Hannah has set up her own charity, Butterfly Giving, with the aim of fighting teenage cancer whilst making fundraising cool. She’s looking for others to join her fundraising efforts, so whether you’ve got a great idea or want to organise an event yourself, get in touch with Hannah.
• Asma wants to show off her pj’s and walk through London to raise money for Great Ormond Street. Fancy joining her in her mission? If you’re not based in London, but want to organise a similar event in your area, post it on Junction49 now to get started!
• The start of university can be daunting for some. Aysha from De Montfort Uni wants to support young people through the transition by setting up L’Spire -a social group bringing new and current students together through sport to discuss any concerns they have.. Whether you want to get involved or set up your own version of L’Spire at your university, get in touch with Aysha.
• This summer Asem wants to make the most of being able to get outdoors and is setting up a weekly football tournament in Birmingham to encourage a healthier lifestyle for the young people in her area. To join in with the kickabout, leave a comment on Asem’s page.
Bring communities together
• Feeling inspired by the last Teamv campaign? Why not set up your own project to help reduce loneliness and isolation amongst the older generation in your local area? Sasha is doing just that by organising a quiz night in her local community to bring different generations together and reduce social isolation in the village that she lives in.
• Support the creation of a fantastic new social enterprise! Wellness Street provides activity sessions like Yoga and Pilates to those in recovery from addiction, homelessness and mental health issues. To show your support, simply ‘like’ their page on Facebook.
Got a great idea of your own that you want support with? Head over to Junction49 post your idea and we’ll give you all the support and advice you need to get it up and running.
First posted on
28th March 2012
By Sarah C