Join this year’s biggest youth movement – be part of #ReverseRiots!
- Join this year’s biggest youth movement, vInspired’s launch of Do Something in the UK.
- Be part of the Reverse Riots campaign.
- Help change the negative misconceptions of young people
- Help restore the image of Britain’s youth
- Make a difference
The moment you’ve all been waiting for is here…. Do Something’s first campaign in the UK, #
ReverseRiots has now launched and I for one can’t wait for the revolution it’s going to bring!
We are calling on anyone aged 14 – 25 to take a photo of themselves with positive statements about the good they do with the hashtag #ReverseRiots.
We need as many people as possible to upload their pictures to our gallery at vInspired.com/dosomething and making it their social media profile picture.
We are looking to get thousands of pictures in time for the anniversary of the riots to show the world what young people are really about, at a time when many will be thinking negatively.
Here are some of the AMAZING pictures of young people we’ve taken so far:
We were overwhelmed by some of the amazing messages young people had to share – it’s clear we NEED to change people’s negative perception of young people as they are just not true, nor fair.
Indeed, the reasons we are launching Reverse Riots are clear. Our research shows:
• 2 in 3 blame young people for last year’s riots.
• Over a third of young people have volunteered in their community in the last year, more than any other age group
• The reputation of British youth is in desperate need of repair
• We need to change the negative misperceptions of young people to give them the opportunities they deserve
• Young people have an amazing positive message to share; it’s time the world listened to it.
It’s no wonder so many celebrities want to be part of the campaign – they feel it’s time for change too. Reverse Riots is being supported by a wide range of famous faces including, Plan B, Paloma Faith, Sam & Billie Faiers, The Wombats, Labrinth, Flux Pavillion, Roots Manuva, Yasmin and Stooshe.
Yesterday, we even got a show of support from the master of Twitter himself, Stephen Fry!
Want to be part of the revolution? Get involved here and upload your photo now.
If what you’ve heard isn’t already enough reason to be involved, those who participate in the campaign and spread positivity will be in with a chance to become their idol’s profile picture on Facebook and Twitter on the anniversary of the riots, Monday 6th August!
This is your moment – what are you waiting for?